What’s the single most important process determining whether or not your business is successful?
The right answer to this question can totally change your business forever
It can change your whole perception of your biz
It can change your focus, change how you operate … but most of all … it can determine the success of your biz.
When I ask biz babes this questions I get a whole host of different answers …
Most people will answer things like … quality of service, number of clients, pricing, branding, ad copy etc
Yeah, these are important parts of any business but the single most important part of business success is …
Your marketing methodology!
“Methodology – a system of methods used in a particular area of study or activity.”
Pretty much all the biz babes I see use a marketing methodology that’s a “sales-based” marketing methodology.
This is understandable as most traditional marketing methods teach sales-based marketing methods.
We’re all impacted by sales-based marketing at every turn – on TV, newspapers, magazines, billboards, radio, internet, everywhere.
And when you research ‘marketing methods’, you’re most likely to learn about traditional sales-based marketing methodologies – Facebook ads, promo posts, sales calls, etc.
But there are several extremely powerful forces at play against you when you employing ONLY a sales-based marketing methodology.
Now, most of you HATE pitching of any kind – you know your skills and expertise are in other areas. You don’t feel comfortable talking about yourself and your own awesomeness … these instantly puts you on a back foot when selling and can make all your sales pitches weak because of your lack of confidence.
Generally speaking, most are very sceptical and defensive against sales approaches and this makes it really fucking hard to make a sale
When you employ a sales-based marketing method, most potential clients have already closed themselves off to learning about your services due to their natural tendency to put up a defence against sales-based marketing.
We do this all the time – ever been in a store checking out a new TV or something and the sales guy comes over to “help” you and you instantly put your barriers up and say “Oh I’m just looking”?
The same thing happens in the online biz world.
There is no trust and rapport built through a sales-based marketing approach.
For a people to buy from you, there needs to be an element of trust.
Your client/customer needs to trust that you can deliver on your promises and that they’ll gain a positive return on their investment.
This level of trust is extremely difficult to build through a sales-based marketing only approach.
You attract price-sensitive shoppers and “tyre kickers” that take up a lot of your time and result in an extremely low conversion.
It’s difficult to maintain contact with clients/customer for long enough to build rapport and trust – it generally takes 4 to 6 contacts before someone will buy from you.
So, we can hear you shouting If sales-based marketing is not going to be effective, what’s my alternative to get clients and make sales?
Education-based marketing is simply the process by which you attract and convert highly-qualified clients/customers by giving them what they want …
Valuable information and advice that solves their problems – and removing what they don’t want, a fucking sales pitch.
Basically … education-based marketing is where you deliver credibility marketing techniques such as free training, value-packed social media post, give-away, informative blog posts etc etc
As opposed to sales-based marketing, education-based marketing means …
– You give your people what they really want – highly valuable information. And you take away what they don’t want – a sales pitch.
– You maintain your dignity and feel good about yourself as you never make an effort to sell.
– Your brand recognition and respect will skyrocket! Education-based marketing is the ultimate brand builder.
By positioning yourself as the expert or specialist by solving, through your education products, the most pressing issues your tribe has. You become the only logical choice in your market.
– You can establish yourself as a credible authority as your tribe depend on you as a reliable source of valuable advice.
– You significantly reduce your marketing costs – and can in fact, get paid to market yourself. This massively increases the net worth of every client you attract – you can actually earn double the net profit with only half the clients!
– You don’t have to seek out new clients/customers – they come to you (to have their problems solved).
– You can maintain (mutually beneficial) contact with your clients/customers through the sales process because they don’t feel pressured by a sales pitch and value your information and advice.
– You reach people early, during the first stages of their decision-making process.
– You attract moderately interested people that may otherwise be afraid to call you, but are not afraid to request your information.
– Due to the high level of trust and rapport built early on you’ll be seen as an adviser, not a fucking salesperson, making added-value sales dramatically easier.
– You dramatically increase your referrals from your tribe as they feel loyal to you – due to a relationship built on trust and reciprocal obligation and your efforts to help them … even if they don’t hire you! And your referrals will come much earlier in your relationship.
– You achieve a highly leveraged advantage as you can put forward your marketing even when you are not present. Automation baby!
– You save valuable time as you often are delivering your message directly to your most highly qualified target audience.
As you can see, education-based marketing is the exact opposite to sales-based marketing … and can make an extraordinary difference to your business … and your enjoyment of doing business.
How much education-based marketing am I currently doing?
How can I develop a marketing plan significantly comprised of education-based marketing methodologies?
Share your knowledge and passion far and wide and watch how much your business grows as a result.
No need for the hard sell when you can educate and lead!